The Campus Safety Office is available around the clock to assist you with a variety of situations and connect you with appropriate emergency services. Here are a few other ways we can assist you:
- Campus Patrol – Our 24/7 patrol is designed to deter crime and to increase the availability of our services. We observe campus activity at a variety of levels for opportunities to protect people from crime and other life safety hazards. We take suspicious behavior, criminal activity, and violations of University rules and regulations seriously. These incidents are observed, investigated and/or reported to the proper departments or agencies.
- Emergency Response – If you are seriously injured or are the victim of a crime – please call 911 first, and then let us know right away. We can help guide emergency responders to the right area. Campus Safety Officers are trained in First Aid and CPR and the use of AED’s, too. If you are unsure of whether to call 911 or have observed something suspicious, don’t hesitate to call us. We can help you decide on the best course of action and get you the help you need. Please remember to yield to Campus Safety or Emergency Responders when they are operating with their emergency lights on.
- Safety escorts – While Corban enjoys an incredibly quiet and safe campus, there is no question that having someone available to walk you to your car, dorm, office, or event is a great way to increase your personal safety. Please call us or flag down one of our officers if you would like to take advantage of this. We offer both foot escorts and short-distance vehicle transportation to members of the Corban community. Please be prepared to show ID.
- Facility access – If you have locked yourself out of your dorm or office, we can usually help you get inside. Give us a call, but please be prepared to show ID, especially when accessing dorms. Unless our team can positively confirm your identity and access authorization, access will not be granted.
If you are a guest and need access to a facility, you may always call us for help. We will need to verify your ID and will also check with our event schedule to verify the necessary access information. If you would like to reserve one of our facilities, please contact our facilities event coordinator.
- Roadside assistance – Our Campus Safety Officers are not mechanics, but we do have some very helpful equipment that can often help you get back on the road in a timely manner. If you are broken down on campus, please call us or flag us down and we will do what we can to get you help. During the regular business day, Campus Care may also be able to provide vehicle assistance.
- Proper incident documentation – If you are the victim of a crime, have been involved in an accident, or would like to make a report, please call us. We can connect you to the proper department, agency, website, or paperwork to complete documentation requirements.