Gary W. Derickson
|Ministries Division Chair, 1991|
B.S. Texas A&M University
M.S. Texas A&M University
Th.M. Dallas Theological Seminary
Ph.D. Dallas Theological Seminary
Member of: Evangelical Theological Society, Grace Evangelical Society, Rolling Hills Baptist Church where he teaches an adult Sunday School classes
- "The Relationship of Endogenous Abscisic Acid to Peach Chilling Requirement, Bloom Date, and Applied Gibberellic Acid," HortScience, 13:6 (1978): 694-96. Co-authored with Dr. H. H. Bowen;
- "Engineering for Transportability's Role in the ILS Effort," Translog, 12:7 (July 1981): 14-15;
- "What is the Message of 1 John?" Bibliotheca Sacra. 150 (January-March 1993): 89-105;
- "Viticulture's Contribution to the Interpretation of John 15:1-6." Bibliotheca Sacra. 153 (January-March 1996): 34-52;
- "The Cessation of Healing Miracles in Paul's Ministry." Bibliotheca Sacra. 155 (July-September 1998): 299-315;
- Study Notes on 1-3 John in The Nelson's Complete Study Bible. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1997;
- Study Notes on 1-3 John in The Nelson's New Illustrated Bible Commentary. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers, 1999;
- "Incarnational Explanation for Jesus' Subjection in the Eschaton." In Looking into the Future: Evangelical Studies in Eschatology. ETS Studies Series. David W. Baker, editor (Grand Rapids: Baker Book House, 2000).
- The Disciplemaker: What Matters Most to Jesus. Co-authored with Dr. Earl D. Radmacher. Salem, OR.: Charis Press, 2001
- “Matthean Priority/Authorship and Evangelicalism’s Boundary” The Master’s Seminary Journal. 14:1 (Spring 2003): 87-103.
- “Viticulture and John 15:1-6” The Journal of the Grace Evangelical Society. 18:34 (Spring 2005): 23-43.
- “Commentary Sneak Peak: 1 Peter 3:18-21 by Gary Derickson,” Grace in Focus 21: 2 (March/April 2006): 4.
- “Matthew’s Chiastic Structure and its Dispensational Implications.” Bibliotheca Sacra. 163 (October-December 2006): 423-37.
Texas State Farmer, Future Farmers of America, 1971; Gamma Sigma Delta, Honor Society of Agriculture, 1976; Distinguished Graduate, Transportation Officers Basic Course 3-77 (Top Graduate), 1977; Donald K. Campbell Award in Bible Exposition, D.T.S., 1993.
Family: Wife, Rebekah; son, Ian (1992) Personal Notes: Writes fiction (fantasy and science fiction). "I enjoy seeing students grow spiritually and make life changing decisions to follow Christ."