Literacy Track (Reading Intervention Specialist Endorsement)
What is the focus of the degree?
This literacy track will enhance your ability to be an effective literacy teacher in your own classroom. In this track you will learn to provide your students with individualized guidance to build confidence, independence, and enjoyment in reading and writing. You will also explore theory and research in current literacy education, develop effective methodologies and instructional strategies, and understand their role in enhancing literacy instruction and school-wide programs. The degree will also provide you the opportunity to receive a highly marketable, state-approved, Reading Intervention Specialist Endorsement to add to your Oregon license if you desire.
Why choose the Reading Intervention Specialist Endorsement track?
Being a literacy specialist adds valuable expertise to any classroom teacher’s skills and knowledge, while improving the literacy skills of your students. You will be able to impact and enhance a wide a range of abilities.
Can I pursue a reading endorsement through Corban if I have already completed my Master’s Degree?
Yes, the reading intervention specialist endorsement is offered as a stand alone endorsement or in combination with the Master of Science in Education program.
What classes will I take?
- Planning Seminar
- Biblical Worldview in Education
- Biblical Leadership in Ed
- Theories of Learning and Teaching
- Law, Policy & Politics in Education
- Introduction to Ed Research & Analysis
- Foundations of Language Acquisition & Literacy Development
- Current Issues & Literacy Leadership
- Literacy Assessment & Intervention
- Integrated Reading & Writing Methods Across the Curriculum
Get Degree Information Now!