English Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) Endorsement Track
What is the focus of the degree?
This degree will provide you with the highly marketable, state-approved ESOL Endorsement to add to your Oregon license. You will learn to meet the challenges of teaching English language learners in the classroom. The theoretical background and practical strategies you learn will help you reach this growing group of students. After completing this program you will be able to understand, relate to and teach students from a wide-variety of cultures, socio-economic statuses and language groups.
Why choose to get your ESOL endorsement?
Due to the number of students in the Oregon school system who speak English as their second language, many school districts are specifically targeting teachers who have their ESOL endorsement.
Can I pursue an ESOL endorsement through Corban if I have already completed my Master’s Degree?
Yes, the ESOL endorsement is offered as a stand alone endorsement or in combination with the Master of Science in Education program.
What classes will I take?
- Planning Seminar
- Biblical Worldview in Education
- Biblical Leadership in Ed Environment
- Theories of Learning and Teaching
- Law, Policy & Politics in Education
- Introduction to Ed Research & Analysis
- Introduction to Linguistics and Language Acquisition
- Intercultural Communication & Teaching
- Methods & Materials
- Content Area Instruction & Assessment
Get Degree Information Now!