Sign In


The Licensure Process

Individuals who earn a Master of Arts degree in Counseling may apply to the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists to become licensed professional counselors (LPC). This licensure process includes submitting graduate transcripts and documentation of clinical experience, passage of the National Counselor Examination (NCE), and continued clinical supervision for the equivalent of about 2 years of full-time counseling experience. For more information, students may visit the Board’s web site at Students interested in pursuing an LPC should contact the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists, 3218 Pringle Road SE #160, Salem, OR 97302, (503) 378-5499.

The process is handled entirely by the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors and Therapists. Corban’s MA in Counseling, while maintaining an interest in its graduates and desiring to be supportive of students working toward an LPC, has no other involvement in the licensure process other than to release documentation of clinical hours earned to the board. At any time during a student’s progress in the MA in Counseling at Corban University, any information from the Board will be made available to students, and every effort will be made to assist students in making inquiries to the Board. Specific questions should be directed to the licensure Board.

Students interested in professional licensure in a state other than Oregon should consult the appropriate board responsible for licensure in that state.

Get Degree Information Now!

First Name *
Last Name *
Email (we will keep your email completely private) *
Phone *
State/Province/Territory *
Program of Interest *
What is your highest level of education? *
How important is Biblical perspective to you? *