Sign In

Financial Aid

Types of Aid

Corban students are eligible for aid from federal and state programs, as well as Corban's own aid programs. We encourage all students to look for financial aid from outside sources as well. Your local library and High School counselor are good places to begin your search for local outside scholarships. On a national level, try Prior to March 1, Oregon residents can fill out the application at for private scholarships on a state level. In order to receive any federal, state, or institutional aid, students must first fill out a FAFSA.

Federal Aid

Federal Direct Stafford Loans:
Stafford loans can be awarded to all Corban students, with Subsidized Staffords going to students with financial need. The Federal Direct Loan program eliminates the need for loan applications, outside lenders, guarantee agencies, and paper loan checks. Corban will provide the student with everything needed to receive a Federal Direct Stafford Loan. The maximum loan amounts depend on the student's year in school and total financial need. For more information click here.

Federal Grants:

  • Pell Grants
  • TEACH Grant

For more information about Federal Grants click here.

Federal Perkins Loans:
Federal loans made directly by Corban. There are no loan fees for this low interest loan. All interest and payments are deferred while the student is enrolled at least half-time. Perkins loans range from $500 to $5,500 and are awarded to students with a high financial need. This is a limited fund award. For more information click here.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG):
Awarded students with significant financial need at Corban, and range from $200 to $4,000. This is a limited fund award. For more information click here.

Federal Work-Study:
FWS is aid to students who have financial need and work on campus. FWS must be earned and will be paid out as work is completed. FWS students can claim their FWS earnings as income exclusions on the FAFSA the following year. If you are eligible for FWS you will be notified on your award letter of your eligibility. In addition to on campus jobs you can tutor school children in reading and receive FWS money. For more information click here.

Education Tax Credits and Deductions:

For more information click here.

This is just an overview of the programs and is not tax advice. Please contact a tax professional for complete details or visit


State Aid

In order to receive any federal, state, or institutional aid, students must first fill out a FAFSA.

Alaska State Student Loans:
These loans are available to Alaska residents who attend Corban full time. For more information click here.

Oregon Opportunity Grants:
Available to Oregon residents who demonstrate significant financial need on the FAFSA. Maximum awards vary yearly. For more information click here.

OSAC Private Scholarships:
Private scholarships available to students who apply. Application and list of scholarships are available on the Oregon Student Assistance Commission's (OSAC) website. For more information click here.


Institutional Aid

Academic Scholarships:
These scholarships range from $5,000 to $11,000 and are automatically awarded to students who meet certain criteria. All academic scholarships are renewable if the student maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA at Corban.

Achievement Scholarship:
Awarded to students with significant achievements. The award amounts range from $250 to $1,000. An Achievement Scholarship Application must be received by the Admissions Office by February 15 to qualify .

Alumni Scholarship:
If you have a parent that has graduated from Corban you are eligible for a $500 scholarship.

Athletic Scholarships:
Awarded to recipients selected by the University's coaching staff in recognition of athletic performance and potential. Contact the Athletic Department for more information.

Christian Worker Dependent Grant:
Awarded to students who have demonstrated financial need (from the FAFSA) and whose primary income source in the family works full-time for a recognized not-for-profit Christian organization.

Honors Scholarship:
Awarded to students who participate in the Corban Honors Program. For more information contact the Honors Committee.

Church Matching Grant:
Corban matches up to $1,000 provided by your church. To qualify, you must have your church fill out and return a Church Matching Scholarship Application by August 15 of the year you plan to attend.

Sibling Grant:
A $750 grant for each dependent sibling attending Corban.

Music Scholarships:
Awarded by the Music Department to students participating in music programs. Contact the Music Department for more information.

Corban Grant:
Awarded on the basis of financial need and other factors.


Private Aid

Private scholarships and grants are available from a variety of sources including organizations, businesses, foundations, churches, and schools. Local libraries and schools are the most common places to find resources detailing available scholarships.

Forms and Applications

Office Hours

9 a.m.–4 p.m.